The Oklahoma Association on Problem Gambling helps Oklahoma tribes meet state compact requirements by providing casino employee training, including The Signs and Symptoms of the Problem Gambler and Customer Service: Being a Responsible Gaming Advocate. OAPCG also helps tribes by receiving, updating, and distributing training material, videos, posters, and brochures that address responsible gaming and the problem gambler.
Benefits to Members
- Free posters and brochures for responsible gambling and helpline information.
- Review of self-exclusion forms and program.
- Participation in OAPCG’s statewide self-exclusion program.
- OAPCG will train all employees on the dynamics of the problem gambler.
- Consultation concerning any issues related to problem gambling.
- Participation in the OAPCG statewide self-exclusion program.
- Animated refresher course training film.
The Tribal Responsible Gaming Certification Program
The following guidelines are used to develop an individualized memorandum of understanding with tribal partners:
- Display a problem gambling helpline poster at entrance of casino.
- Display problem gambling brochures at cashier windows.
- Actively execute a self-exclusion program.
- Participate in OAPCG’s statewide self-exclusion program.
- Train all new employees on the dynamics of problem gambling.
- Train all employees at least every other year on the dynamics of problem gambling.
- Train security or other personnel that administer the self-exclusion program.