The Oklahoma Association on Problem Gambling and Gaming helps Oklahoma tribes meet state compact requirements by providing casino employee training, including The Signs and Symptoms of the Problem Gambler and Customer Service: Being a Responsible Gaming Advocate. OAPGG also helps tribes by receiving, updating, and distributing training material, videos, posters, and brochures that address responsible gambling and provide help to those with a gambling problem.
Benefits to Members
- Free posters and brochures for responsible gambling and helpline information.
- Review of self-exclusion forms and program.
- Participation in OAPGG’s statewide self-exclusion program.
- OAPGG will train all employees on the dynamics of those with a gambling problem.
- Consultation concerning any issues related to problem gambling.
- Animated refresher course training film.
The Tribal Responsible Gaming Certification Program
The following guidelines are used to develop an individualized memorandum of understanding with tribal partners:
- Display a problem gambling helpline poster at entrance of casino.
- Display problem gambling brochures at cashier windows.
- Actively execute a self-exclusion program.
- Participate in OAPGG’s statewide self-exclusion program.
- Train all new employees on the dynamics of problem gambling.
- Train all employees at least every other year on the dynamics of problem gambling.
- Train security or other personnel that administer the self-exclusion program.